Sunday, October 12, 2008

Family

My mom has been here for a little over a week. My dad gets in tomorrow night. My brother comes in later this week. I am so blessed to have this time. It's an emotional time to say the least. I am very aware, painfully aware that living in Ecuador alone as opposed to living in Ecuador with my family is drastically different.
I also know that during this time that I have already been alone I kept looking forward to their visit as "when mom and dad get back." I know that they aren't "back." They are just visiting. I can say it, I can type it but it means nothing to me. I am definitely not accepting the reality. But I have peace amidst the storm. I know beyond a doubt that this is where God has placed me for such a time as this. I can't fathom what life will look like without them. But for the next couple of weeks I am going to SOAK them up!
I am pretty sure that this is the last time all four of us (The original four that came to Ecuador in 1979) will all be together in this country that has meant such a great deal to us. That's difficult to swallow.

No comments: