Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Adapt me, Transform me, Mold me


I read this in our morning devotions today. I'm sure it was written just for me just for today.


"No pronuncies oraciones del tipo: 'Consuelame, ayudame a vivir sin contratiempos, librame de este mal rato.' Ora mas bien: 'Adaptame, transformame, moldeame, aunque me duela.'"


Do not pray, "Comfort me, help me to live without setbacks, free me from this bad time." Rather pray, "Adapt me, transform me, mold me even if it hurts."


To say I'm struggling at being completely on my own with 3 little girls is an understatement. I've looked for other options/solutions to the struggle and they have not worked out.

I have to believe that for some reason God is allowing the 4 of us to stay together. I feel like I can't do this but He isn't opening any other doors right now so.....

my prayer has changed from

"Lord, help me find a more suitable place for Flor, send someone to help me and give me relief," to "Lord give me the strength, love, patience, and wisdom to care for these three Precious Miracles (Serious emphasis on the Precious!!!!) and to do it with a content heart."

3 comments:

sharboon said...

Hi, Preshy.

I am soooo proud of you! I am praying for you and I know God will give you wisdom and strength. His timing and His answers are always better than what we can imagine.

I love you. Mom

Mama Mia 4 said...

Thank you for sharing this devotion. (Even though I don't understand Spanish.) I needed to hear those words as much as you do. No matter how much we have in regard to help and support, I think that if we are seeking God he wants us to grow and deepen our relationship with him and he stretches us to do that. I am about 1.5 mo. from baby 4's arrival and there are days I feel like I can't find the strength to handle the 3 I have already. But as you pray for God to guide you and give you strength he always provides and I look back and I am amazed how much I have grown and what I can handle now that I couldn't before. You will also look back and be amazed at how God transforms you. It isn't easy but it is beautiful. You are an amazing woman. I hope to get your book sometime soon when I can maybe find time to read it maybe while I sit and nurse this baby. Right now I don't seem to see when I would have time. I look forward to reading more of your story. I will keep you in my prayer. Many blessings to you-Sara K.

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com