Monday, August 25, 2008

Latacunga







Last week (Weds and Thurs) I was able to go to Latacunga the city about 2 hours away from Quito where 3 of the Precious Miracles are. Keep in mind I hadn't seen "my" boys in over a year. Luis Eduardo was a little apprehensive but he warmed up to me right away. He is so cute!
Mateo remembered me right away and jumped into my arms and stroked my face and kissed me. Wow! I missed that! =)

Juan Marcos I'm sure never did remember me but he was also very friendly.
My friend Katherine made the kids beanie caps and they were a HUGE hit. Thanks Katherine!!!! The whole 2 days I was there they REFUSED to take the hats off. SO cute! The tias tried to snag a couple too!
It was great to see the kids and see how much they've improved. I'm going to try to make a trip to Latacunga twice a month to help out at FHC there.
Now I'm back in Quito and keeping busy. I can't remember if I've ever had a Mon-Fri 9-5 job. It's weird. Even in college I had crazy hours and crazy jobs. Now I'm trying to be disciplined and work "normal" hours. I am thoroughly enjoying my job. =) I am not thoroughly enjoying being so far away from my friends and my fam. =(






3 comments:

mandy said...

Great to see what you are up to. Looks like you are staying busy Im glad you get to see all of your kids!

Tony Anzalone said...

Hey! I just subscribed to your blog. I'll look forward to future posts. Much love and prayers.

Unknown said...

Was great to see your Mom and Dad this morning at TRBC. Also, your uncle and aunt, Leonard and Suzie. We are praying for you as you follow God leadership and minister to your kids. Know it will be quite a change without your Mom and Dad there. God Bless.