Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Second Weekend in Quito

Is anyone reading these? =) Please feel free to leave comments. I'm not sure if it's worth my time to post stuff here.

I had an interesting weekend. Friday I went to Nataly's house to wish her a happy 5th birthday. She's so big! That afternoon I got food poisoning. Yay! I'm officially initiated back to Ecuador and my immune system is getting used to new germies.

Saturday my parents and I hosted the mother of all yard sales. Other yard sales will be forever jealous of this one. We sold everything that was not bolted down. It was great. After the exhausting yard sale we went to a beautiful wedding. Honestly I didn't really even know the couple but I got to go 'cause my Dad performed the ceremony. The 10th of August is Ecuador's Independence Day and the reception was downtown Quito. So we saw some gorgeous fireworks and downtown all lit up with gorgeous lights. It was amazing!

Sunday I took 3 little girls to church with me. When I went to pick them up Carla ran out to the front door and said, "Hey Mommy!" Like I never left. She's precious!
Sunday afternoon we had part 2 of our yard sale and sold even more... wow!

The last couple days I've been working on errands that need to get done and I've gotten a lot accomplished.
My dad left Monday super early and Mom leaves Thursday. Then I'm officially "alone" here.
Thursday is also the day I officially start my new job.... HURRAY!

So here are my prayer requests:
1. That I will be able to easily overcome the upcoming hurdles (driver's license, taxes, health insurance, etc)
2. For strength in being ultra independent without my parents around.
3. For a great group of friends that will be support for me (this request is already happening for me!!!! but pray anyway!)
4. Oh and that my tummy will be stronger than it has proven to be. Don't want to go through that again for a looooooong time.

4 comments:

Sarah Olbert said...

Yes, Im reading your blog... :-)
Hope your job starts off well.
~Sarah

Anonymous said...

I love you so much! I am reading! I miss you more than ANYTHING!

Thanks for ALL the help you have done!

mary olson said...

Hi Stacey, I just read your blog for the first time, I clicked on the link from facebook. I liked your blog and hope to check it monthly.
Mary Olson

mandy said...

I'm reading this!!! I love your blog so keep it up. Plus, I have this bookmarked and I don't know to delete those so you have no choice! :)