Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Myrtle the Turtle

When I was a child, a very young child, my family was given a turtle as a pet. She came from the jungle and she was always kind of my brother's more than anyone else's. Zac named her Myrtle.
I found Myrtle dead in my parent's back yard today. I cried like a little baby. Wow, did I cry.
She has been part of our family since I can remember. Then she was a Precious Miracles pet for many years. My kids adored the turtle! When I closed down PM last year my Mom happily took her back. She's been living at my parents this whole time.
And now she's gone. I'm not exactly sure how she died but I suppose that's not important. I'm so sad.
I called Zac this afternoon to tell him. He was sweet to me (read: didn't blame me!)
She was at least 25 years old but we really have no idea as to her exact age since she was full grown when we received her.
Ok, so that's my news for today. =(

No comments: